Survey #1, which asked for the topics and research questions about GGAS most important to you, got over 1,000 responses!
Survey #2 then asked you to rank the priority topics that came out of our first survey - see the results below.
Priority Topics (in no order):
- Genital sensation after surgery
- Sexual health and function
- Quality of the surgeon and your experience with the healthcare system, discrimination & transphobia
- Urinary function
- Appearance satisfaction
- Out of pocket costs
- Mental health & quality of life
- Care coordination and provider follow-up after surgery
- Setting realistic goals and priorities for surgery
We took those ranked topics and developed research questions at the TRANS-ARC Summit, in March 2021. The TRANS-ARC Steering Committee took those questions, made some polishing edits, and created Survey #3 for you to rank these in priority order.
Survey respondents were entered to win a $50 gift card (16 winners!). We donated $500 to the Trans Women of Color Collective and Point of Pride at the end of this project.
The results of the survey will be used for the benefit of the trans community in the United States. We expect that researchers will use the ranked list of questions to design future studies.
I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PROJECT. WHO CAN I CONTACT?
We are happy to answer them! Please email the TRANS-ARC team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.