This survey asks you to rank research questions that were created by the TRANS-ARC community in order of importance to you.
This survey is open to all members of the trans/non-binary community, as well as healthcare providers, researchers, and other stakeholders with an interest in genital gender-affirming surgery (GGAS).
Survey #1, which asked for the topics and research questions about GGAS most important to you, got over 1,000 responses!
Survey #2 then asked you to rank the priority topics that came out of our first survey - see the results below!
Priority Topics (in no order):
- Genital sensation after surgery
- Sexual health and function
- Quality of the surgeon and your experience with the healthcare system, discrimination & transphobia
- Urinary function
- Appearance satisfaction
- Out of pocket costs
- Mental health & quality of life
- Care coordination and provider follow-up after surgery
- Setting realistic goals and priorities for surgery
We took those ranked topics and developed research questions at the TRANS-ARC Summit, in March 2021. The TRANS-ARC Steering Committee took those questions, made some polishing edits, and is asking you to rank these questions.
I’M INTERESTED! WHAT NEXT?
Answering these survey questions will take between 5 and 10 minutes.
ARE THERE ANY BENEFITS TO DOING THIS SURVEY?
- You may not directly benefit from your participation in the project. You will be entered in a raffle to win one of three $50 gift cards if you would like to participate. We will need your name and email at the end of the survey if you want to enter.
- Being part of giving back to our community. We are donating $500 to the Trans Women of Color Collective and Point of Pride at the end of this project.
- The results of the survey will be used for the benefit of the trans community in the United States. We expect that researchers will use the ranked list of questions to design future studies.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION YOU GIVE US?
- We do not share or sell your information. The study team members keep your data on a secure server. Only select members of the project team will see the information you share.
- The overall results of this survey may be shared in a public way, but no individual answers or data will be shared.
- You are not required to, but can choose to provide your email and name at the end of the survey if you are interested in participating in future research or entering the raffle for a gift card.
- Your response will be anonymous, so no information that can be used to identify you will be collected unless you voluntarily provide it. If you do not want to provide identifying information, the person who invited you to this survey can keep you updated on future opportunities to participate again.
- If you feel uncomfortable, you may exit the survey at any time. Your partial answers may be included in the final, overall results.
I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PROJECT. WHO CAN I CONTACT?
We are happy to answer them! Please email the TRANS-ARC team at email@example.com with any questions or concerns about the survey.